ARCHITECTURAL LAMINATED SHINGLE
Standard asphalt shingles are the most common roofing materials used on residential homes across the Midwest as well as everywhere else in the United States. Asphalt shingles make up 80% of all homes in the United States. Architectural roof shingles are known as laminated or dimensional shingles. Most architectural roof shingles are made of layers of heavy fiberglass or asphalt as the base/core layers. They are normally made of 2 to 3 layers of these laminated materials. The shingle core layers are then coated with a layer of mineral granules that protect the shingle from sunlight, add color and, in some cases, help resist algae and fungus growth. Manufacturers can discourage unwanted plant life by adding copper or zinc to the granule mix.
Owens Corning™ Platinum Preferred Roofing Contractors, like Young Construction, are the top tier of a premier network of roofing professionals chosen specifically based on their commitment to service, reliability and unparalleled craftsmanship.
Duration Series Shingles
BOLD CONTRAST. DEEP DIMENSION. OUTSTANDING PERFORMANCE. TruDefinition Duration Shingles are specially formulated to provide dramatic color contrast and dimension to any roof and are available in all the popular colors. Beyond the impressive curb appeal, they also come with the advanced performance of patented SureNail® Technology—a technological breakthrough in roofing.
Learn about and compare Owens Corning Roofing warranties, or register your warranty online. If you purchase any of the System warranties, make sure you tell your contractors to register them with us and give you the proof of purchase! Having your roof installed by an Owens Corning™ Roofing Platinum Preferred Contractor can have a big impact on your warranty coverage.
Young Construction has been specially trained on how roofing, ventilation and attic insulation work together to improve your home’s energy efficiency and comfort.
There’s a line between a good shingle and a great shingle. It’s the nailing line on your shingles. The difference between a good shingle and a great shingle is having SureNail® Technology. With SureNail® Technology, strength and durability are built into every Duration® Series shingle, thanks to the unique fabric strip in the nailing area. This unique shingle design provides outstanding gripping power. SureNail Detail
- Patented SureNail® Technology — Only from Owens Corning and featured on our Duration® Series shingles.
- Breakthrough Design — The tough-engineered woven-fabric nailing strip is embedded in the shingle to create a strong, durable fastener zone.
- Triple Layer Protection®+ — A unique “triple layer” of reinforcement occurs when the fabric overlays the two shingle layers, called the common bond area.
- Outstanding Grip — The SureNail® strip enhances the already amazing grip of our proprietary Tru-Bond® sealant.
- Exceptional Wind Resistance — The SureNail® grip helps deliver 130-MPH wind warranty* performance with fewer nails than required by most competitors.